Friday, June 22, 2007

Safari...

Those of you who have camped with me...Borman, Tara, Kellie, Danielle, Brenda, Esme, and to some extent, the Madagascar Princesses.... know that I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to leaving the tent at night...so imagine Michelle in a tent by herself in the middle of the Serengeti with wild animals roaming around...I was terrified to say the least! When we were setting up our tents at the Ngorogoro Crater, there were four elephants roaming about 50 yards away... The guy a few tents over from me went to go to the toilet during the night and when he came out of the tent, there was a buffalo five feet away...and the night before, a lion killed a warthog right behind some tents. Needless to say, nothing short of an elephant stepping on me, was getting me out of my tent at night!!

But looking back (now that I'm hanging out poolside at the Talapia) ...I have to say it was an amazing experience....lol

I did a five day safari that included one night at Lake Manyara, two nights in the Serengeti and one night at the rim of the Ngorogoro Crater...I joined a tour with two German students, Sorn and Toby...Toby had a really good camera and is sending me a disc with all his pictures but until then, you'll have to make due with my feeble photographic attempts...

Don't want to tailgate this guy...


More Tembos...

Just hanging out at the local watering hole...


Simba on the Hunt in the Ngorogoro Crater...There were nine lions circling in on two warthogs...(who got away thank goodness...I may have become a carnivore lately but some things I still don't want to watch...)



Twiga...(my blog is not only entertaining, it's educational...teaching you Swahili!)


Although it might not look like it in the picture, but Hippos are huge animals...and very dangerous if you mistakenly get between them and their water source!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our lives, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets less expensive, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.zoomshare.com/2.shtml]R4i[/url] DS NetBlog)

7:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home