Monday, May 28, 2007

Tanzanian Statistics...

2 - Number of Live Chickens I’ve received as gifts so far…

0 - Number of times I’ve successfully purposely left behind live chickens without someone chasing after me with them.

32 - The number of consecutive days that I’ve eaten chicken for at least one or two meals…(for this reason, I try not to make friends with the ones I get as gifts...)

47 - The number of water blisters that appeared on my face when I drank some Ribena! (and yes I did count them...)

6 - The number of people who “palmed” me money at church last week when I was shaking hands…including two young boys who each gave me 40 shillings…(approx 4 cents) It was heartbreaking to take it but would have been unthinkable not to accept it…btw..I donated it all back to the Church…

2 - The number of times I’ve been holed up in my room for at least two days waiting for the Ciproxin to start working…(actually 3 if you count Madagascar….)

18 - Number of times I’ve been asked by the students to dance to Shakira…( They haven't figured out yet that I have no rhythm....I should have never played my mp3 for them!)

62 - The number of students who fit in the back of a lorry on the way to a school soccer game…(unbelievable…)

I will post a picture as soon as I can!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle, got your postcards, thanks! Wish I was there to play pool with you! Sounds like a great experience so far!!! We all miss you!
b

11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home