Friday, June 22, 2007

UWO Western Heads East Project...

It's so strange to come to Africa and hang out with Western students...but I couldn't have found four more welcoming, friendly or fun girls... Corrine, Missy, Kim and Jackie...


The girls are here as interns for the summer and are working on expanding the Yogurt business, doing research to see how it's helping and doing a documentary on it...

We spent a week touring, working, and playing...(and between us, I think we had malaria, typhoid and an unknown parasite....)
Corrine teaching English to the Mamas...


I got to meet the "Yogurt Mamas" and see how the yogurt is made...it sells for 10 cents a cup but here are so many people who still can't afford it...




And Missy, Jackie and I took a road trip back to Ussango to visit my school...



5 hours on a sketchy bus....

But worth it in the end...


We got to see all of my watoetoes.... (Swahili for Children)




I try not to have favourites...but "Captain Merando" is so cute!



Thanks to Mom and Danielle for all of the books, stickers and candies...the kids just loved them!



And finally...our last night out together in Mwanza at the Hotel Talapia!


Thanks for such a wonderful time girls and we'll see you in September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home